Kaleo Legal provides experienced and sophisticated advice to companies on both public and private securities law issues. With backgrounds as in house counsel at Fortune 500 legal departments of public companies, and as GC to smaller NASDAQ companies, our attorneys have years of experience advising clients on public securities law regulatory compliance and planning. Our attorneys also guide our clients through many private placements each year with offerings ranging from small seed equity or debt offerings, to large, priced rounds. We counsel our clients through the life cycle of federal and state securities law issues, and provide seasoned counsel to demystify the complicated securities offering process.
Financing Transactions Team:
As an experienced attorney specializing in corporate and securities law, corporate governance and compliance, Tina has broad experience advising public and private company clients on a broad range of regulatory and transactional matters. After graduating from law school at the University of Virginia, Tina practiced as an in-house corporate and securities attorney at Norfolk Southern Corporation, a Fortune 400 NYSE company, until 2006. Tina then served as an adjunct professor of law at Regent University School of Law, until joining the predecessor of Kaleo Legal. Tina brings strong interpersonal and communication skills to every relationship, allowing her to facilitate better results in communications between management, boards of directors, investors and counterparties. She demonstrates an innate ability to quickly integrate into an organization and add immediate value.
- Tina has extensive experience drafting regulatory disclosure documents including Forms 10-K, Forms 10-Q, proxy statements, Forms 8-K, Forms S-3, Forms S-8, Forms 4, and numerous other SEC disclosure documents.
- Tina has served as advisor for boards of directors of public companies, including as special advisor to the audit committee, and as counsel to directors in their roles as board members and committee chairmen of public companies.
- Tina is responsible for NYSE and Nasdaq listed company compliance.
- Tina has experience with all areas of compliance and corporate governance, including drafting and implementing policies and education programs, and conducting investigations and reviews.
- Tina is extremely well versed in investor relations, including management of proxy advisory firm recommendations and disclosures.
- Tina has extensive financing experience including seed, angel and follow on rounds of private placements.
- Tina has acquired particular expertise in facilitating corporate structure and strategy decisions, and in counseling growing companies on financing and growth decisions.
- Tina has experience structuring and drafting executive compensation programs.
Years of Experience: 20
Past Work Experience: Norfolk Southern Corporation
Awards & Honors: UVA Z Society Shannon Award, Order of the Coif, Raven Society, Chambers USA; Inside Business Women in Business Achievement Award
Bar Admissions: Virginia
Mike’s practice is focused on start-up businesses and entrepreneurs. Following his graduation with honors from the Duke Law School Masters of Law program in Law and Entrepreneurship he has been providing outside counsel services for a wide range of early stage and high-growth clients in the greater Richmond area. He advises and assists business clients with corporate and intellectual property law issues as well as startup companies raising capital through private equity offerings, from pre-seed startup capital to later stage venture capital offerings. In addition he serves as an adjunct professor of law at the University of Richmond where he teaches courses in business and intellectual property law, including Advising the Entrepreneur and Drafting Intellectual Property Transactions.
He is committed to helping clients build their innovative ideas into successful businesses. Mike also serves as a mentor to entrepreneurs across the entrepreneurial ecosystem, volunteering with Startup Virginia, Lighthouse Labs to provide support for the startup community.
Mike received his B.A. from Middlebury College, followed by a Master’s degree from Norwich University before attending the Richmond University School of Law, graduating with honors and awards for excellence in the studies of Intellectual Property.
Kevin M. Andris joined Kaleo Legal in March 2020. Prior to joining Kaleo, he was Deputy General Counsel of Norfolk Southern Corporation. During more than 13 years with NS, he was responsible for handling a wide array of legal matters, including commercial contracts and disputes, financing transactions, acquisitions and divestitures, freight loss and damage claims, bankruptcy and collections matters, IT security, data loss prevention and other significant IT initiatives. In addition, Kevin provided advice regarding the company’s SEC filings, corporate governance matters and New York Stock Exchange rules. Prior to joining NS, he was a senior associate in the Philadelphia office of Wolf Block, LLP, where he was a member of the Corporate and Securities Department. While at Wolf Block, Kevin represented public and private company clients in M&A transactions, debt and equity offerings and ’34 Act matters. He graduated cum laude from Temple University School of Law in 1997 where he was a staff member of the Law Review. He was admitted to the Pennsylvania bar in 1997, became a corporate counsel member of the Virginia bar in 2006, and was admitted as a full member of the Virginia bar in 2020. Mr. Andris served as a member of The Up Center Board of Directors from 2007-2013 and again from 2017-2018. He resides in Chesapeake with his wife and two sons.