For clients acquiring or selling a company, Kaleo Legal’s attorneys form cross specialty teams to provide complete advice through the negotiation, due diligence, and documentation and closing of mergers and acquisition transactions. For clients approaching such a transaction in the near to mid term, we approach our general counsel services with an eye toward the potential negotiations and due diligence to come, to help our clients maximize the value of their businesses
Mergers & Acquisitions Team:
As an experienced attorney specializing in corporate and securities law, corporate governance and compliance, Tina has broad experience advising public and private company clients on a broad range of regulatory and transactional matters. After graduating from law school at the University of Virginia, Tina practiced as an in-house corporate and securities attorney at Norfolk Southern Corporation, a Fortune 400 NYSE company, until 2006. Tina then served as an adjunct professor of law at Regent University School of Law, until joining the predecessor of Kaleo Legal. Tina brings strong interpersonal and communication skills to every relationship, allowing her to facilitate better results in communications between management, boards of directors, investors and counterparties. She demonstrates an innate ability to quickly integrate into an organization and add immediate value.
- Tina has extensive experience drafting regulatory disclosure documents including Forms 10-K, Forms 10-Q, proxy statements, Forms 8-K, Forms S-3, Forms S-8, Forms 4, and numerous other SEC disclosure documents.
- Tina has served as advisor for boards of directors of public companies, including as special advisor to the audit committee, and as counsel to directors in their roles as board members and committee chairmen of public companies.
- Tina is responsible for NYSE and Nasdaq listed company compliance.
- Tina has experience with all areas of compliance and corporate governance, including drafting and implementing policies and education programs, and conducting investigations and reviews.
- Tina is extremely well versed in investor relations, including management of proxy advisory firm recommendations and disclosures.
- Tina has extensive financing experience including seed, angel and follow on rounds of private placements.
- Tina has acquired particular expertise in facilitating corporate structure and strategy decisions, and in counseling growing companies on financing and growth decisions.
- Tina has experience structuring and drafting executive compensation programs.
Years of Experience: 20
Past Work Experience: Norfolk Southern Corporation
Awards & Honors: UVA Z Society Shannon Award, Order of the Coif, Raven Society, Chambers USA; Inside Business Women in Business Achievement Award
Bar Admissions: Virginia
Mike’s practice is focused on start-up businesses and entrepreneurs. Following his graduation with honors from the Duke Law School Masters of Law program in Law and Entrepreneurship he has been providing outside counsel services for a wide range of early stage and high-growth clients in the greater Richmond area. He advises and assists business clients with corporate and intellectual property law issues as well as startup companies raising capital through private equity offerings, from pre-seed startup capital to later stage venture capital offerings. In addition he serves as an adjunct professor of law at the University of Richmond where he teaches courses in business and intellectual property law, including Advising the Entrepreneur and Drafting Intellectual Property Transactions.
He is committed to helping clients build their innovative ideas into successful businesses. Mike also serves as a mentor to entrepreneurs across the entrepreneurial ecosystem, volunteering with Startup Virginia, Lighthouse Labs to provide support for the startup community.
Mike received his B.A. from Middlebury College, followed by a Master’s degree from Norwich University before attending the Richmond University School of Law, graduating with honors and awards for excellence in the studies of Intellectual Property.
Mike Jacques-O’Gorman focuses his practice on assisting companies operating in highly regulated industries, and he has a passion for alcoholic beverage
innovation as both a consumer and a lawyer. Mike is experienced in helping clients navigate hurdles and identify opportunities within complex regulatory schemes, often finding creative solutions for challenging projects. Mike has extensive knowledge of the alcohol market at the federal and state levels, and he provides excellent advice to his clients with respect to market strategies, licensing, trade practices, daily operations, marketing programming, innovation, and distribution issues.
Prior to joining Kaleo in Feb. 2021, Mike served as Regulatory Counsel for Craft Brew Alliance, Inc.. During this time, Mike served as primary legal counsel to the company’s innovation business unit, the pH Experiment. Also while at CBA, Mike assisted in distribution negotiations and transfers, acquisitions of several smaller brewers, compliance with TTB, FDA and state regulations, licensing issues, and excise tax compliance. Mike also has significant experience in assisting clients with the establishment of contract brewing and alternating proprietorship relationships.